Balanced Annihilation hosts aren’t run by rules, per se. People who moderate them put themselves in the position of making difficult judgment calls. All we want is a little community kindness and no attacks. Let’s all work together to accomplish this, eh?
Most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the gameplay for everyone. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules. The rules come in two forms: the cardinal and the compulsory. These are general rules. For specific in-game rules refer to Gameplay Etiquette. In case you have any complaints about the moderation, communicate them privately (when possible) using either PM (Lobby/Forums) or Discord.
- Absolutely no racism, heavy, light, or otherwise. This is grounds for an immediate and permanent ban. There is no reason to ever use a racial slur of any kind. It doesn’t matter have many friends of a particular minority you have in real life, and it doesn’t matter whether you just say it to mess with people, “I’m not a racist, but “, etc…
- No trolling. Don’t make comments that are inflammatory just to trigger other members. The substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
- Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.
We will not tolerate engagement in public attacks directed at any other member.
- Avoid personal attacks, racial, ethnic, and/or gender-based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.
- No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. Simple rule. Administrator’s judgment applies here. Sexually suggestive images will be heavily scrutinized. We’d like for our players to be able to visit the lobby/game and share with friends/family/work without fear of retribution.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other’s phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc. This is grounds for an immediate and permanent ban.
- You’s a bad muthaf — WATCH YO MOUTH! – “Foul” Language is fine for the most part, but excessive usage might end in a mute/warning/temporary ban at the moderators’ discretion.
- Blatant advertising of directly competing products is not tolerated. (This only applies to direct ripoffs of Balanced Annihilation, not completely different games (E.G. XTA, S44, EvolutionRTS, The Cursed, Zero -K, etc).
- And of course, NO SPAMMING. No commercial-oriented comments, and no flooding with useless content.
Restrict the use of excessive foul language. We want to host games with users of all ages, so try to keep it clean. We aren’t saying you can’t express your opinion, but there are ways to do so without excessive swearing. If the behavior continues, it will result in a temporary ban, and upon a repeated incident, permban. This will apply to all other community members as well.
Finally, remember that we’re not the rating board here. We’re not going to give you a PG for four swears and a gunshot, but R for five swears and splattering brains. Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves.
Bottom line: we always give warnings (with the exception of unacceptable comments – sometimes we need to work fast), but we don’t necessarily give them more than twice to the same person. If you are disrupting the community, we will take action.
The following guidelines apply to in-game behavior. Fair team play lies at the root of what makes BA so entertaining. Below we define actions that are considered working against that idea. Therefore, while playing on any auto-host marked as “official” we obligate you to follow these guidelines. Disobeying these might result in a kick and if the behavior persists, a ban.
- Ragequitting – Self-destructing all your units mid-game due to your annoyment at the course of the battle. It is accepted only if there is objectively no way for your team to win the game. In any other case use “Resign” option, so your team can take over your units and continue a fair game.
- Unit-napping – In BA it is possible to use transporters to pick up allied units, it is especially useful when you want to save them from inevitable loss. Do not exploit that possibility to punish/troll other players.
- Friendly-fire – Happens a lot due to a chaotic nature of the gameplay, however, if done with malicious intent, it will be dealt with.
- Reclaiming/Capturing allied units – Don’t do it unless the player expressly allows it.
- Reclaiming metal from ally’s front – Avoid reclaiming metal from units you haven’t helped to defeat unless you see that your ally is unable to reclaim it by himself.