Balanced Annihilation hosts aren’t run by rules, per se. Rather, it is moderated by people who put themselves in the position of making difficult judgment calls.
Most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the gameplay for everyone. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules. The rules come in two-forms: the cardinal, and the compulsory.
1. Absolutely no racism, heavy, light, or otherwise. This is grounds for an immediate and permanent ban. There is no reason to ever use a racial slur of any kind. It doesn’t matter have many friends of a particular minority you have in real life, and it doesn’t matter whether you just say it to mess with people, “I’m not a racist, but “, etc etc etc … If you utter a racial slur of any kind at any time, you will be dealt with.
2. No trolling. Don’t make comments that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
3. Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.
No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member.
4. Personal attacks are defined as Personal, Racial, Ethnic, and/or Gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.
5. All complaints need to be communicated privately (when possible) using either PM (Lobby/Forums) or Discord.
6. If the behavior continues, the member will be temporarily banned, and upon a repeat incident, banned permanently.
This will apply to all other community members as well.
7. All we want is a little community kindness and no attacks. Let’s all work together to accomplish this, eh?
8. No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. _Simple rule. Administrator’s judgment applies here. Sexually suggestive images will be heavily scrutinized. We’d like for our players to be able to visit the lobby/game and share with friends/family/work without fear of retribution.
9. Do not post links to questionable content.
10. Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other’s phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc. This is grounds for an immediate and permanent ban.
11. You’s a bad muthaf– WATCH YO MOUTH!
“Foul” Language is fine for the most part, but excessive usage might end in a mute/warning/temp ban at the moderators discretion.
12. Blatant advertising of directly competing products is not tolerated. (This is only meant to apply to direct ripoffs of Balanced Annihilation, not completely different games (E.G. XTA, S44, Evolution RTS, The Cursed, Zero K, etc))
13. And of course, NO SPAMMING. No commercial-oriented comments, and no flooding with useless content.
Restrict the use of excessive foul language. These are family-oriented hosts with users of all ages, we need to keep it clean. We aren’t saying you can’t express your opinion, but there are ways to do so without excessive swearing.
Finally, remember that we’re not the ratings board here. We’re not going to give you a PG for four swears and a gunshot, but R for five swears and splattering brains. Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves.
Bottom line: we always give warnings (with the exception of unacceptable comments-sometimes we need to work fast), but we don’t necessarily give them more than twice to the same person. If you are disrupting the community, we will take action.